1. SC takes suo motu cognisance of migrant workers issue
- The Supreme Court took suo motu cognisance of the problems and migrant labourers.
- A Bench of Justices of SC issued notice to the Centre, States and Union Territories and sought their replies by May 28
- The steps taken to redeem the situation.
- The top court listed the matter for May 28 and asked Solicitor General Tushar Mehta to assist it on the issue.
2. Supreme Court allows LG Polymers staff access to Vishakapatnam plant
- The Supreme Court allow 30 staffers of LG Polymers emergency access to the company’s Vishakapatnam factory.
- A Bench of SC Justice directed LG Polymers to provide the District Collector concerned he 28 technical and two administrative personnel
- LG Polymers, represented by senior advocate has highlighted complete seizure of plant and its premises.
- Senior advocate said, “There would be some serious ill-effects, if by any chance the temperature goes beyond 25° Celsius,”
3. ‘Very heavy’ rainfall expected in Assam, Meghalaya from May 26-28, IMD issues red alert
- A red-colour coded weather alert has been issued for Assam and Meghalaya from May 26-28
- The India Meteorological Department predicting heavy rainfall.
- The IMD said rainfall likely at most places, very heavy rainfall is expected at isolated places.
- The IMD cautioned fishermen along the coasts of Kerala, Karnataka not to venture out for deep sea fishing from May 30-June 4.