1. ‘Migrants sent in trains at random to politically disturb me’: Mamata, Chief Minister.
- The Centre is sending millions of migrant workers back to Bengal in trains.
- Mamta look for the involvement of PM Modi. “I would like to ask the Prime Minister to please help us.”
- Mamta addressing bureaucrats at an administrative meeting at the state secretariat. She also addressed the media from the meeting.
- Mamta said those who returning to Bengal could stay at home in quarantine for at least 2 weeks.
2. Amid tensions at LAC, China says situation at India border ‘stable and controllable’
- President Xi Jinping ordered the military to advance battle preparedness and asked to defend the country’s sovereignty.
- In Ladakh, six round of talks held between Chinese and Indian military commanders on ground but fail to achieve success.
- Sources said those Chinese crossed the LAC at three places have refused to move out of Indian territory.
- Sources said the army increased its presence on boundary with China in North Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, along with Ladakh.
3. JP not in a hurry, govt will fall on its own: Fadnavis
- BJP MP Narayan Rane met Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari, demanding President’s Rule impose in the state.
- Ex CM of Maharashtra said “whether it is BJP’s central or state leadership, the focus is to fight Covid-19. We’re not in hurry to make the government in Maharashtra.”
- Ex CM of Maharashtra said, “The purpose is to mislead and hide their own flaws.”
- Maharashtra’s share under various direct and indirect financial Covid-19 welfare schemes translates to Rs. 2.7 lakh crore.