Skip to content
1. Scrapping of RBI bonds a blow to people, says Chidambaram
- The Former finance minister said to do away with RBI bonds a “cruel blow” to citizens
- As it one of the “risk-free” savings instruments since 2003.
- A Government notification said the 7.75% Savings (Taxable) Bonds, 2018, shall “cease for subscription with effect from close banking business on 28th May, 2020”.
- RBI bond since 2003. After lowering interest rates in PPF, abolition of the RBI bond is cruel blow.
2. India says open to dialogue with Nepal, ties on upswing
- India is open to dialogue with all its neighbours, the Ministry of External Affairs
- Responding to sharp comments emanating from Kathmandu regarding the Kalapani territorial dispute.
- Telephone conversation between Prime Minister Modi and Oli has failed to materialize.
- India “attaches great importance” ties with Nepal, for historical, cultural and friendly exchanges.
3. Drones deployed for controlling locusts
- The Union Ministry of Civil Aviation has given permission to the Rajasthan government’s Agriculture Department
- Use remotely piloted aircraft systems for anti-locust operations in the large areas.
- About 90,000 hectares in 20 districts affect by the locust.
- Use drones equipment for aerial surveillance, aerial photography, public announcements and aerial spray of insecticide.