1. Workers ferried to Bengaluru, Belagavi
- Dharwad and Gadag made arrangements to ferry migrant workers to Bengaluru and Belagavi railway stations so they catch trains to their native places.
- 69 migrant workers from Jharkhand working in hotels and sweet-making outlets in Hubballi-Dharwad
- Left for Bengaluru to catch a Shramik Special train from the city.
- Dharwad district administration arrange for ferrying them to Bengaluru in three NWKRTC buses.
2. Thunderstorm in Uttar Pradesh’s Agra damages Taj Mahal’s marble railing
- Agra hit by a severe thunderstorm, caused minor damages to Taj Mahal.
- Damages caused to a ticket window, and metal detectors installed at gates.
- Pillars, sealing fell on ground causing damages to walls, platforms, doors and windows of the Taj Mahal.
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath announced Rs 4 lakh for kin who lost their lives in the thunderstorm.
3. Won’t allow India’s ‘pride to be hurt’: Rajnath Singh on Ladakh standoff
- Indian and Chinese troops remain engaged in a tense border standoff.
- Defence Minister asserted the government will not allow India’s pride to be hurt under any circumstances.
- Bilateral talks were on at military and diplomatic levels to resolve the row.
- Troops of India and China engaged in standoff over three weeks in Pangong Tso, Galwan Valley, Demchok and Daulat Beg Oldie in eastern Ladakh.