2.1 Etiology, epidemiology pathogenesis, symptoms, post-mortem lesions, diagnosis, and control of infectious diseases of cattle, sheep and goat, horses, pigs and poultry.
2.2 Etiology, epidemiology, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment of production diseases of cattle, horse, pig and poultry.
2.3 Deficiency diseases of domestic animals and birds.
2.4 Diagnosis and treatment of non-specific conditions like
- Impaction, Bloat, Diarrhoea, Indigestion
- Dehydration, stroke, poisoning.
2.5 Diagnosis and treatment of the neurological disorders.
2.6 Principles and methods of immunization of animals against specific diseases
- herd immunity
- disease free zones
- ‘zero’ disease concept
- local, regional and general-preanesthetic medication.
- Symptoms and surgical interference in fractures and dislocation.
- Hernia, choking abomasal displacement- Caesarean operations.
2.8 Disease investigation techniques.
- Materials for laboratory investigation
- Establishment of Animal Health Centres
- Disease free zone
Previous Years Papers of Animals Diseases
- Clinical manifestations of vitamin B Complex deficiency diseases in poultry.
- Causes and principal ruminants involved in bacterial zoonotic diseases
- Describe in detail the clinical findings and treatment of various types of ruminal disorders.
- Describe anaesthesia and procedure of Caesarean section in a cow
- Write in detail etiology, pathogenesis, Clinical symptoms, diagnosis and control of rabies in dogs.
- Immunisation schedule for protection against layer bird diseases.
- Prevention and control steps for haemorrhagic septicaemia in cattle
- Write in detail etiology, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of ketosis in buffaloes.
- Discuss in detail clinical manifestations of disease of nervous system in cattle
- Describe about heat stress, its clinical symptoms and management in buffaloes during summer
- Management of “Monday Morning Sickness” in horses.
- Discuss in detail various types of vaccines. Also enlist the diseases against which vaccines are available in India.
- Explain in detail the classification and uses of preanesthetic. Also discuss the advantages and disadvantages of inhalation anesthesia.
- Write in detail about the collection of biological samples for laboratory investigation and their procedure.
- Etiology and treatment of haemoprotozoan diseases in cattle.
- Describe the etiology, clinical findings, diagnosis and control of foot and mouth disease in ruminants.
- Describe the clinical manifestations of vitamin deficiency in poultry.
- Identify the deficiency disease in a layer flock with the problem of leathery eggs and describe the treatment and control of the same
- What is Mediterranean fever? Describe the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of the same
- Describe the etiology, pathogenesis, symptoms, PM lesions, diagnosis and control of swine fever
- Discuss the modern concepts and immunization schedule at an organized poultry layer farm
- Diagnosis and prevention of rabies
- Describe in detail about symptoms and surgical management of hip dislocation in large animals
- Explain the epidemiological measures in the investigation of FMD outbreak
- Describe the direct impacts of antibiotic resistance on health care of animals
- Disease prevention and disease-free zones
- What are the problems and challenges in the control and eradication of infectious diseases of livestock and poultry?
- Write the etiology, pathogenesis and clinical manifestations of Equine myoglobinuria.
- Differentiate between local, general and regional anaesthesia. Indicate the sites of operation and organs involved during castration of dogs.
- Pathogenesis and control measures of post-parturient haemoglobinuria in cows
- Write about the etiology, epidemiology, pathogenesis, clinical findings, diagnosis and control of leptospirosis in livestock.
- Discuss the management of fore-stomach disorders in ruminants
- Discuss the latest national guidelines on post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) in suspected rabid dog bites in humans
- Practical approach for controlling spread of disease after floods, in the flood-affected areas in Jammu and Kashmir
- Discuss the modern concepts and schedule of immunisation at an organised dairy farm
- “Zero disease” concept and chemoprophylaxis
- Describe in detail the important biochemical, biotechnological and
immunological tests for diagnosis of viral diseases
- Explain the current advances in the production of newer vaccines in poultry
- Describe the surgical intervention as regards Caesarean operation in large animal
- Give an account of the biochemical tests and their importance in the diagnosis of neurological disorders
- Discuss the modern concepts of diagnosis and treatment of production diseases of dairy livestock
- Risk factors for diseases: BEINGS model
- Write about the etiology, epidemiology, clinical findings, symptoms, lesions,
diagnosis and control of swine influenza
- Discuss the etiology, pathogenesis, symptoms and lesions of secondary immunity deficiency in young animals
- What is fracture? Give the types of fracture (long bones). Discuss the factors influencing fracture union and management and treatment of fracture
- Describe the strategies in vaccine production
- Discuss the metabolism and physic-nutritional role of biotin and choline with
particular reference to growing animals
- Discuss the etiology, pathogenesis, symptoms and lesions in Failure of Passive Transfer (FPT} in calves
- Control of Bovine tuberculosis & reason for its failure
- Diagnosis & treatment of ruminal impaction in cattle
- Control strategy for F.M.D. in India along with its limitation
- Surgical sites for exploratory laparotomy & caesarean section
- Collection of laboratory material for confirmation of Rabies, Theilerioses & Newcastle disease
- Etiology, pathogenesis, clinical sign, treatment and control of Hemorrhagic Septicaemia in buffalo
- Etiology, epidemiology, clinical sign, clinicopathology & treatment of acetonemia/ketosis in cattle
- What is recent development in immunisation methods in poultry?
- Why Rabies in human called as hydrophobia ? Explain reasons for recent high incidence of death due to rabies in humans in India
- Epidemiology, diagnosis, prophylaxis & control of Rabies in canine
- Mucosal immunity & its role in protection against infectious diseases
- MMA syndrome / Farrowing fever, occurrence and clinical
- Describe diagnosis of oesophagus choke, & hernia & suggest surgical management in cattle-30
- Reason for failure of vaccination-20
- Role of extrinsic & intrinsic regulation of immune-modulation -20
- Technique adopted in investigation of neurological disorder-15
- Epidemiology, etiology, P.M. findings, diagnosis and prevention of avian influence-30
- Describe various modern gadget & biochemical test used in diagnosis of animal disease -30
- Etiology, pathogenesis clinical finding, treatment and control of Bacillus Anthracis in cattle. -30
- Zero disease concept and chemoprophylaxis
- Difference between primary & secondary tympany in cattle. Discuss etiology, predisposing factor symptoms diagnosis & treatment of bloat/ ruminal tympany -60
- Etiology, transmission & epidemiology, clinical Sign, lesion, diagnosis treatment & control of swine influenza.
- Role of Hyaluronidase & epinephrine in induction of local Anaesthesia in introduction of local Anaesthesia -20
- Luxation – type, predisposing factor & Treatment
- Describe etiology, transmission, diagnosis, prevention and control of rabies. Discuss its public-health significance/importance.
- In spite of advancement in diagnostic techniques due to development in the field of biotechnology and molecular biology why are diseases like Tuberculosis, ‘Jhone’s disease’ Brucellosis etc. Still threatening to the Indian Live-Stock Economy/Industry
- Enumerate viral diseases of poultry. Discuss different vaccines and vaccination schedules used for
- Ranikhet Disease (RD) and Infectious Bursal Disease (IBD). In spite of regular vaccination why are outbreaks of both the above diseases observed
- Discuss indications and surgical interferences/interventions of hernia in cow, caesarean in buffalo and choking in horse