In 1928, the All Parties Conference convened a committee in Lucknow to prepare the Constitution of India, which was known as the Nehru Report. Thus, the constitution of India repealed the Indian Independence Act 1947 and Government of India Act 1935 when it became effective on 26 January 1950. Complete Polity Course for Free
0 of 15 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 15 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Question 1 – The distribution of powers between the Centre and the States in the Indian Constitution is based on the scheme provided in the (UPSC 2012)
Question 2 – Which of the following is/are the principal feature(s) of the Government of India Act, 1919? (UPSC 2012)
Question – Which of the following is/are the principal feature(s) of the Government of India Act, 1919? (UPSC 2012)
1. Introduction of dyarchy in the executive government of the provinces
2. Introduction of separate communal electorates for Muslims
3. Devolution of legislative authority by the centre to the provinces
Select the correct answer using the codes given below:
Question 3– Which one of the following is NOT a feature of the Government of India Act of 1935? (UPSC 2000)
Question 4 – Which one of the following Acts of British India strengthened the Viceroy’s authority over his executive council by substituting “Portfolio” or departmental system for corporate functioning? (UPSC 2002)
Question 5– Consider the following statements: (UPSC 2004)
Some of the main features of the Government of India Act 1935 were the
1. abolition of diarchy in the Governor’s provinces.
2. power of the Governors to veto legislative action and to legislate on their own.
3. abolition of the principle of communal representation.
Which one of the following statements given is/are correct?
Question 6 – The Montagu-Chelmsford Report formed the basis of (UPSC 2004)
Question 7 – Consider the following statements: (2005)
The governor of India Act, 1935 provided for
1. the provincial autonomy
2. the establishment of Federal Court
3. All India Federation at the centre
Which of the statements given above are correct?
Question 8– The Government of India Act of 1919 clearly defined: (UPSC 2015)
Question 9– The members of the constituent Assembly which drafted the Constitution of India were: (UPSC 2002)
Question 10 – Who among the following was the Chairman of the Union Constitution Committee of the Constituent Assembly? (UPSC 2005)
Question 12 – In the context of Indian history, the principle of ‘Dyarchy (diarchy)’ refers to: (UPSC 2017)
Question 12 – The system of separate electorates was introduced by:
Question 13 – The system of double government was introduced by:
Question – With regard to East India Company, consider following statements:
1. Regulating Act of 1773 recognised the political and administrative functions of East India Company.
2. Pitts India act of 1784 distinguished between political and commercial functions of company.
3. Charter Act of 1833 made company a purely commercial body.
Which of the above statement/statements is/are correct:
Question 15 – With regard to India Independence act of 1947 consider following statements:
1. It provided for partition of country.
2. It abolished office of Viceroy and Governor General of India.
3. It made princely states as part of India.
Which of the above statement/statements is/are correct?