1. Introduction to Indian Polity and Governance Course
•This course will cover UPSC Prelims and Mains General Studies Syllabus for “Indian Polity and Governance”.
•This course is helpful in all competition exams which includes Indian Constitution.
•Indian Constitution is analyzed topic-wise and Article-wise.
•Important books covered includes Indian Bare Constitution, M.Laxmikant, DD Basu, Subash Kashyap and Internet readings – thus, these videos cover topics comprehensively.
•Videos are made in user-Friendly Manner.
•Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
•Indian Constitution—Historical Underpinnings, Evolution, Features, Amendments, Significant Provisions and Basic Structure.
- Functions and Responsibilities of the Union and the States, Issues and Challenges Pertaining to the Federal Structure, Devolution of Powers and Finances up to Local Levels and Challenges Therein.
- Separation of Powers between various organs Dispute Redressal Mechanisms and Institutions.
- Comparison of the Indian Constitutional Scheme with that of Other Countries.
- Parliament and State Legislatures—Structure, Functioning, Conduct of Business, Powers & Privileges and Issues Arising out of these.
- Structure, Organization and Functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary — Ministries and Departments of the Government; Pressure Groups and Formal/Informal Associations and their Role in the Polity.
- Salient Features of the Representation of People’s Act.
- Appointment to various Constitutional Posts, Powers, Functions and Responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies.
- Statutory, Regulatory and various Quasi-judicial Bodies.
- Important Aspects of Governance, Transparency and Accountability, E-governance – applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; Citizens Charters, Transparency & Accountability and institutional and other measures.
- Role of Civil Services in a Democracy.