Syllabus Covered: GS- 3 IAS Mains
- Linkages between development and spread of extremism.
- Role of external state and non-state actors in creating challenges to internal security.
- Challenges to internal security through communication networks, role of media and social networking sites in internal security challenges
- Basics of cyber security;
- Money-laundering and its prevention
- Security challenges and their management in border areas;
- Linkages of organized crime with terrorism
- Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate.