0 of 7 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 7 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Q1. Who is the author of the book ”The First Indian War of Independence- 1857-59”?
What was/were the object/objects of Queen Victoria’s Proclamation OF 1858?- UPSC 2014
1. To disclaim any intention to annex Indian States
2. To place the Indian administration under the British Crown
3. To regulate East India Company’s trade with India
Q3. Which of the following was not the social and religious reason for the Revolt of 1857?
4. Which of the following pair is not correctly matched?
5. Who among the following British officer captured Banaras during the revolt of 1857?
Q6. 6.Match the following
a. Henry Lawrence
b. Major General Havelock
c. William Taylor and Eye
d. Hugh Rose
1. He was Chief Commissioner of Awadh and died during the seizure of British residency by rebels at Lucknow on 2nd July, 1857.
2. He defeated the rebels (Nana Sahib’s force) on 17th July, 1857 and died at Lucknow in December 1857.
3. He suppressed the revolt at Arrah in August 1857.
4. He suppressed the revolt at Jhansi and recaptured Gwalior on 20th June, 1858. The whole of Central India and Bundelkhand was brought under British control by him.
7. Which among the following was not an economic cause of the revolt of 1857?