Previous Years Questions Paper
1.Discuss the following in about 150 words each:
1.(a) Distribution and function of nerves originating from lumbosacral plexus.
1.(b) Histology of adrenal gland.
1.(c) Role of public health veterinarians in maintaining rural health.
1.(d) Application of HACCP and GMP in market milk production in a dairy plant with a capacity of one lakh litres per day.
1.(e) Nutritive value of egg and preservation of shell eggs for marketing.
2.(a) Define biotransformation and discuss the pathways of biotransformation of drugs in animal body.
2.(b) Write in detail the aetiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis and control of Trypanosomiasis in cattle.
2.(c) Discuss about preslaughter care and handling of food animals.
3.(a) Discuss in detail about anaemia in animals with its classification symptoms, clinical pathology and diagnosis.
3.(b) Meat from spent/aged animals and birds are tough. How the meat from such animals and birds can be utilised economically and profitably?
3.(c) What is the need for drying of milk? Discuss the principle and process of spray drying of milk including its advantages and disadvantages.
4.(a) Discuss the effects of climate change on the productivity of large ruminants.
4.(b) What is post parturient recumbency? Discuss about its aetiology, pathogenesis, clinical findings and diagnosis.
4.(c) what are he measures do you suggest to improve the quality of meat for domestic consumption?
5. Discuss the following in about 150 words each :
5.(a) Ectodermal and endodermal derivatives in mammalian embryo.
5.(b) Emerging zoonotic diseases of international concern with specific remarks on prevalence, control and preventive measures for influenza.
5.(c) Processing of cheddar cheese with a flow chart.
5.(d) Factors influencing the microbial growth on meat causing spoilage and the control measures to retard microbial growth.
5.(e) Processing of wool and its specially as fibre for garment manufacture.
6.(a) What are the materials to be sent to the laboratory by field veterinarians for diagnosis of different bacterial and viral diseases of poultry?
6.(b) Enlist meat and milk borne diseases. Discuss on their epidemiology, prevention and control.
6.(c) Discuss about the processing of “ready to cook” chicken with a flow diagram and BIS grading for dressed chicken.
7.(a) Define paralysis and discuss about its classification and line of treatment in domestic animals.
7.(b) Write about the technology recommended for converting condemned carcasses into meat-cum-bone meal and discuss on the methods employed for the above.
7.(c) Write the salient features (aetiology, non human principal host, mode of infection, symptoms and class of zoonoses) for the following zoonotic diseases :
8.(a) Define pasteurization of milk. Write its objectives and basis of formulation of time-temperature standards. Enlist different methods of milk pasteurization and discuss in detail about the method used in modern commercial dairy plants.
8.(b) Discuss about the aetiology, epidemiology, symptoms, differential diagnosis, treatment and control of erysipelas of swine.
8.(c) Give an example of surgical condition requiring general anaesthesia in cattle and discuss briefly about the different stages of general anaesthesia.
1. Discuss the following in about 150 words each:
1.(a) Anatomical and Physiological classification of neurons.
1.(b) Compare Spermatogenesis and Oogenesis.
1.(c) Clinical manifestations of vitamin B complex deficiency diseases in poultry.
1.(d) Causes and principal ruminants involved in bacterial zoonotic diseases.
1.(e) Legal standards for whole milk powder and skim milk powder.
2.(a) Give holistic picture of the types of slaughter house byproducts and their potential utilization including the social and economic implications.
2.(b) Describe in detail the clinical findings, diagnosis and treatment of various types of ruminal disorders.
2.(c) Discuss about airsacs in fowl and its significance.
3.(a) Describe in detail about the histology of testis in bull.
3.(b) Write in detail the ante-mortem inspection procedure in a slaughter house.
3.(c) Describe anaesthesia and procedure of Caesarean section in a cow.
4.(a) Write in detail etiology, pathogenesis, clinical symptoms, diagnosis and control of rabies in dogs.
4.(b) Discuss about the nerve blocks in head region of cattle with emphasis on surgical anatomy.
4.(c) Briefly describe the physical changes that occur in preserved meat.
5. Discuss the following in about 150 words each:
5.(a) Clinical examination of cranial nerves in cattle.
5.(b) Immunization schedule for the protection against layer bird diseases.
5.(c) Prevention and control steps for haemorrhagic septicaemia in cattle.
5.(d) Rules for the post-mortem examination of a Veterolegal case.
5.(e) Sources of contamination of meat in a slaughter house.
6.(a) What are functions of packaging milk and milk products? Describe various types and forms of packaging material used for milk and milk products.
6.(b) Write in detail etiology, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of ketosis in buffaloes.
6.(c) Describe about regulation of hormone secretion in animals.
7.(a) Describe about role of parasites in immunity and mechanism of action of antiparasitic drugs.
7.(b) Define fermented milk and state its advantages. Describe the complete manufacturing process involved in the production of cultured buttermilk.
7.(c) Describe requirements of instruments, buildings and manpower for establishment of Veterinary Hospital at village level.
8.(a) Discuss in detail clinical manifestations of diseases of nervous system in cattle.
8.(b) Describe about heat stress, its clinical symptoms and management in buffaloes during summer.
8.(c) Give a brief outline of the chemical composition and nutritional content of poultry meat.
Q1. Discuss the following in about 150 words each:
- Management of “Monday Morning Sickness” in horses.
- Clinical findings and management of organophospate toxicity in cattle.
- Formation and function of blood-testis barrier.
- Scalding technique in poultry and pig slaughtering.
- Causes of flavor defects in milk.
Q2. (a) Write in detail about the collection of biological samples for laboratory investigation and their procedure.
(b) Explain in detail the mechanism, clinical symptoms and treatment of cyanide poisoning.
(c) Describe the legal aspects of wounds.
Q3. (a) Explain zoonoses. Discuss the routes of transmission of various zoonotic diseases.
(b) Discuss in detail the nerves constituting the brachial plexus.
(c) Describe the method of manufacturing, packaging and storage of butter.
Q4. (a) Discuss the methods for preservation of meat and meat products.
(b) Discuss in detail various types of vaccines. Also enlist the diseases against which vaccines are available in India.
- Explain in detail the classification and uses of preanesthetic. Also discuss the advantages and disadvantages of inhalation anesthesia.
Q5. Discuss the following in about 150 words each:
- Etiology and treatment of haemoprotozoan diseases in cattle.
- Classification of placenta in domestic animals.
- How does heat stress affect the performance of dairy cows?
- Pharmaceutical uses of glandular parts of slaughtered animals.
- Rules and regulations for prevention of animal diseases.
Q6. (a) Describe the etiology, clinical findings, diagnosis and control of foot and mouth disease in ruminants.
(b) Explain with the flow diagrams, the manufacture of sterilized, homogenized and flavoured milk.
(c) Describe in detail the structure, composition and nutritive value of egg.
Q7. (a) Write down the methods of stunning and explain electrical stunning in small and large animals.
(b) Discuss the housing requirements for specific categories of cattle in a large dairy farm.
(c) Describe the histological structure of ovary with a suitable diagram.
Q8. (a) Explain the post-slaughter physico-chemical changes in meat and the factors affecting it.
(b) Classify dairy industry by-products and explain the general method of preparing acid casein.
(c) Describe the clinical manifestations of vitamin deficiency in poultry.
1. Answer the following questions in about 150 words each:
- Describe the housing requirements for 10 sows, 1 boar and their followers.
- Identify the deficiency disease in a layer flock with the problem of leathery eggs and describe the treatment and control of the same.
- What is Mediterranean fever? Describe the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of the same.
- Discuss the methods of pasteurization of milk.
- What are the rapid screening methods for detection of mycotoxin in animal products?
- Describe the etiology, pathogenesis, symptoms, PM lesions, diagnosis and control of swine fever.
- Write in detail about zoonoses associated with meat and milk.
- Explain the relationship between industrialization and animal agriculture.
- What is AQI? Describe in detail about various environmental pollutants and their control with regards to animal health.
- What are indigenous milk products? Describe in detail about the sanitation requirement in dairy plant for clean and safe milk.
- What are satellite slaughterhouses? Give your suggestion on improving the distribution of safe meat in the Indian context.
- Explain in detail about the important building components in abattoir for wholesome meat production and discuss about the significance of automation in meat processing.
- Describe the roles of animals and birds in prevalence and transmission of zoonotic diseases.
- Discuss the modern concept and immunization schedule at an organized poultry layer farm.
5. Discuss the following in about 150 words each:
- Types of placenta in domestic animals.
- Diagnosis and prevention of rabies
- OIE regulations on food-borne infections of animal origin
- Grading of row milk
- Adulteration in meat trade and the techniques to identify it
- Classify the glands in mammals. Describe in detail about features of the glands associated with male and female reproduction
- Describe in detail about symptoms and surgical management of hip dislocation in large animals.
- Explain the epidemiological measures in the investigation of FMD outbreak.
- Describe the direct impacts of antibiotic resistance on health care of animals.
- Explain in detail the merits and demerits in the system of egg price fixation in India.
- Describe the functional anatomy of domestic fowl in relation to egg production.
- Describe in detail the slaughtering techniques, meat inspection and preservation of poultry meat and products.
- What are reconstituted mil and recombined milk? Describe the preparation of Srikhand, Lassi and Yogurt.
- Describe the drugs acting on fluids and electrolyte balance.