Let me Congratulate you all for Starting your Civil Service Examination preparation and opting Veterinary Science Optional. This Book is my sincere effort to contribute in success of my fellow veterinarians and other graduates who are willing to opt Veterinary Science Optional in Civil Service Examination, Indian Forest Service and State PCS Examinations.
We need more Veterinarians in Bureaucracy for uplifting Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Department. This will improve life of half of Indian people, who depends on agriculture and animal husbandry for their livelihood. “Vets Wisdom” Book is not written by me but compiled by me from different books, internet and notes of students.
What will be Our Strategy ?
This BOOK is an effort on my side to help you learn these strategies which will help you crack this exam in your first attempt.
- 1st thing first, Let’s begin our preparation by learning syllabus of veterinary Science Optional. Its better if I use word “Cramming Syllabus by Heart.
- Secondly, analyse previous years papers and you must find out underlying but subtle pattern of repetition of questions and topics. Although I have done that research and effort for you all. But I will advise you, to start developing that skill by yourself also.
- Thirdly, look at 3 regions of following Diagram:
- The Core region of above diagram reflects most important and frequently asked questions and topics in UPSC CSE or any other state PCS Exam, but it constitutes only 5 % of total SYLLABUS. But weightage of questions asked from it is approximately 50%. Hence, we have to learn to identify these topics and to focus more on these areas.
- Similarly, Buffer region is 2nd most important area of syllabus which constitutes roughly 35% of syllabus but covers approximately 35% of questions of exam.
- Lastly, Periphery region is least important of all but covers maximum syllabus that is 60%. We all tend to dedicate equal time to entire syllabus. That is the most important cause of failure. Hence you must abandon the “Principle of Equality” among topics and subjects.
- Fourthly, Revision make everything stay in your Mind. Keep Revising . It is a simple logic, when you spend more time with someone or something it will surely help you in time of need be it a topic or a friend.
- Fifthly, No one can become perfect without Practice. Please Write answers Daily
I have included, analysed and commented on Veterinary Science Optional Syllabus and Previous years papers. This will help you prepare better and, in a time, bound manner. Hence increasing your Productivity and effectiveness.
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Physiology
- Animal Reproduction
- Genetics and Animal Breeding
- Anatomy, Pharmacology and Hygiene
- Animal Diseases
- Veterinary Public Health
- Milk and Milk Products Technology
- Meat Hygiene and Technology