Previous Years Questions Paper
1. Explain how the foundation of the modern world was laid by the American and French Revolutions.
- Why did the ‘Moderates’ failed to carry conviction with the nation about their proclaimed ideology and political goals by the end of the nineteenth century?
- The anti-colonial struggles in West Africa were led by the new elite of Western-educated Africans. Examine.
- Why did the industrial revolution first occur in England? Discuss the quality of life of the people there during the industrialization. How does it compare with that in India at present?
- To what extent can Germany be held responsible for causing the two World Wars? Discuss critically
- What were the major political, economic and social developments in the world which motivated the anti-colonial struggle in India?
- What were the events that led to the Suez Crisis in 1956? How did it deal a final blow to Britain’s self-image as a world power?
- The New Economic Policy – 1921 of Lenin had influenced the policies adopted by India soon after independence. Evaluate.
- “Latecomer” Industrial revolution in Japan involved certain factors that were markedly different from what west had experience.
- Africa was chopped into states artificially created by accident of European competition. Analyse.
- American Revolution was an economic revolt against mercantilism. Substantiate.
- What policy instruments were deployed to contain the great economic depression?