Daily News Digest
US may rejoin WHO under some terms and conditions
- On Friday last week, President Donald Trump suspended funding to the WHO permanently. He accused the organization of sharing misinformation about the corona virus outbreak that came from Wuhan, China.
- After terminating all relations with WHO, the United States on Sunday said that it can consider ‘rejoining the global health front if it ends the corruption and ends the reliance on China’.
- President Trump said US will seriously consider coming back if WHO reforms.
- Before this Mr. Trump had said that US donates far larger amount to WHO than China does. He also had spoken about redirecting the big amount of $400 million to other International public health bodies.
Moody’s Investors Service has downgraded India’s rating
- The international rating agency Moody’s reduces India to the lowest grade of Investment ratings.
- Now Government of India’s foreign-currency and local-currency long-term issuer ratings has come to ‘Baa3’ from ‘Baa2’. This ‘Baa3’ is the lowest rating of investment grade.
- It stated that the outlook of Indian current economy is ‘ Negative’.
- The agency, which in past has always been very optimistic about India, further explained that there will be challenges in implimentation of policies to reduce risk due to ‘low economic growth’ and deteriorating economic conditions.
DRDO develops “Ultra Swachh” for disinfection of PPEs, electronic items and fabrics
- A wide range of materials used by health care workers now can be disinfected with a disinfection device developed by ‘Defence Research & Development Organization’(DRDO).
- ‘Ultra Swachh’ can disinfect PPE kits, electronic items, fabrics and other items from COVID-19.
- Ultra Swachh has two variants – 1. Ozonated Space & 2. Trinetra Technology
- The dimensions of the Industrial Cabinet are 7’x4’x3.25’ to disinfect large quantities at a time. Cabinets of different sizes will be available for the industries.