Context: GITA Foundation Day
- Global Innovation & Technology Alliance (GITA) is a “not–for–profit” Section-8 Public Private Partnership (PPP) company promoted jointly by the Technology Development Board (TDB), Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
- The Prime Minister’s Council on Trade & Industry had, in 2010, recommended incorporation of a Government’s arm’s length entity under PPP mode to professionally manage the Government’s funds for providing flexibility to industry for undertaking R&D along with global partners.
- The GITA platform encourages industrial investments in innovative technology solutions by
- Mapping technology gaps,
- Undertaking expert evaluation of technologies available across the globe,
- Facilitating techno–strategic collaborative partnerships appropriate for Indian economy
- Connecting industrial and institutional partners for synergistic matchmaking and
- Providing soft funding for technology development / acquisition / deployment.
- To catalyze India’s recognition as a key innovator and provider of technologies at the global level.
- To inspire Indian industrial community to recognize RD&D (Research Development & Deployment) as a key and sustainable driver for individual and collective business growth.
- To enhance risk appetite of Indian industry for taking up innovative projects by inculcating a culture of RD&D (Research Development & Deployment) and sensitizing the importance of protecting intellectual property.
- To create a vibrant skilled work force to take up research activities and in turn strengthen the RD&D (Research Development & Deployment) ecosystem of India.
- To become an enabler for transfer of world class technologies to India through viable arrangements.
GITA extends financial support in form of Grant/ Conditional Grant to promote industrial R&D, Innovation, Technology Acquisition and International S & T collaborative efforts.
- Capacity building
GITA catalyzes innovation and empowers ideas by offering specialized Information, matchmaking, IP protection etc. in the areas of technology design and IPR management.
- Strengthening ecosystem
GITA is involved in Technical, Financial, Strategic policy research and recommendation to industry, research institution, State & Central Government and offers global networking platforms.
GITA is mandated to facilitate the implementation of various innovative and revolutionary scientific and technological industrial research and development projects worldwide.