IAS exam is considered to be one of the toughest exam among all the exams held in the country. without proper knowledge about the things related to the exam, it is very difficult to clear it. There are so many coaching centers in a city that guide the student for this exam. But many of the institutes give the best online coaching for ias to the students who are from distant places and they are not able to come to the city for the coaching. If a student has decided to go in this field and is willing to appear for the exam. He needs to follow the tips that will prepare him mentally which will surely help him in the exam.
These tips are the type of routine he needs to follow. As proper schedule only will help in clearing this exam. Let’s have a look at it.
- Prepare yourself: Before taking any sort of coaching make your mind for the exam. As it is rightly said wherever there is a will there is a way. This will of the person will make the way for clearing the exam. Set short terms goals that will end to the major goal that is clearing the exam. First of all, devote plenty of time to understanding the syllabus and exam pattern of the exam. The candidate can follow the official website for the details and should be in constant touch for more updates related to the exam.
- Make time table: if you are working or you have dropped a year for appearing in the exam. In all these cases you need to have a proper time table that should be followed with full efforts. If you are working it can take a break from work when the exam is near. Make a proper schedule of the syllabus that is to be covered every day. Fix the time duration that is to be spent every day for each of the subjects. This will help in a thorough revision of the entire syllabus.
- Know the syllabus well: efforts without knowing anything well are all waste. Have a thorough review of the syllabus and according to that buy the study material. Get access to the best online classes for IAS where you will be provided with the best guidance, details, and tricks that will help in clearing the exam.
- Newspaper reading: this is the most important thing that is to be done by the candidate who wants to for the exam. The knowledge of the current affairs is very important as the exam has the portion that is all about the current affairs within the country and outside the country. Reading newspapers will help you prepare for this section. So this should also be considered as the part of study material. And if prepared well will help you to score the maximum marks from the general knowledge portion.
- NCERT books: The ncert books from standard sixth to twelfth play a very significant role in the preparation of this exam. the candidates who wish to appear for the exam should go through these books so that their basic concepts are clear. These books provide the most reliable information from the source of the government. From the past few years, it has been seen that many questions are being asked directly from these books. These books are not only important for this exam but also very important for other entrance exams as well.
- Make notes: as we all know that this exam is very difficult to clear and also the syllabus regarding this exam is also very vast. So with the help of these notes, the candidate will be able to keep track of his preparation and also it will let you have a quick revision of all the syllabus that he has covered till now. It is better to maintain different notebooks for different subjects so that it is easy to locate the topic easily.
- Answer writing practice: this exam is descriptive in nature so the candidate needs to have the practice of the answer writing. It is quite a lengthy exam, if the candidate has writing practice then it will be easy for him to cope up in the exam without any problem. And also he will be able to attempt most of the part of the exam. even the candidates need to answer very precisely so without writing practice this won’t be possible.
- Solve previous years’ question papers: in the preparation of this exam, the candidate needs to go through the previous exams. So that he can be able to analyze the exam pattern, the type of questions to be asked in the exam and the level of the difficulty. By solving the previous exam papers the candidate will be able to in which part of the exam he needs to put more effort.
- Mock test series: while having the online IAS coaching it is very important to go for the mock test series. This series will be a type of assessment that will help to know where there is a requirement of more effort. This series of mock test identify your strengths and weakness. The students that are preparing for this test from home should go for these series.
- Revision: if you are preparing for any exam that is so difficult as this one. It is very important to have a brief revision of the syllabus so that while covering the further syllabus you don’t forget the previous syllabus that you have already covered. So it is better to go for timely revision.
By following all these strategies, the candidate will be able to prepare for this exam very well. and the most important thing for the student who is preparing for the exam is that they should be positive. Preparing for this exam is a very long journey, staying positive will help in overcoming all the difficulties that come in the way. Even believe in yourself is another way to succeed in this exam.