General Studies Notes for UPSC CSE
We at Wise IAS strive to offer the required study material which can help in preparing and clearing the IAS exam. We curate authentic study material from various sources along with guidance from experienced experts. We offer the best material for general studies for IAS exams.
UPSC civil service exams are conducted in three stages, namely prelims, mains, and personality test/ interview.
You can find value addition notes for UPSC prelims and mains 2021 for 2020 where you can study from material for IAS in English/ UPSC Notes PDF. We at Wise IAS provide UPSC prelims and main study material PDF for following.
- UPSC GS 1 study material PDF
- UPSC GS 2 study material PDF
- UPSC GS 3 study material PDF
- UPSC GS 4 study material PDF
Features of UPSC notes for Prelims and Mains 2021
- Downloadable UPSC study material PDFs/ Notes
- 20+ courses covering different general studies paper
- Notes on relevant topics covering introduction, background, features, facts, important figures, analysis, etc. for all the topics.
- Covering all dimensions of a topic.
- Focus on current affairs.
- Notes in pointer format for easy readability and remembering.
Syllabus for UPSC Prelims General Studies Paper 1:
- Indian polity and governance
- General science
- Current events of national/ international importance
- Indian and world geography
- History of India and Indian National movement
- Economic and social development
- General issues on Environmental ecology, biodiversity, and climate change.
Syllabus for UPSC CSE Prelims General Studies Paper 2:
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Basic numeracy- class X level
Essential tips to keep in mind for Prelim Exams-
- The question papers for both prelim papers are objective type and multiple-choice answers.
- There is negative marking for every incorrect answer.
- There is no negative marking for a question that is not attempted.
- General Studies II of Prelim are qualifying papers and candidates need to secure at least 33% for clearing it.
- The candidates that don’t appear in any of the papers are disqualified, and therefore, it is compulsory to appear in both papers.
- Every candidate must go through important general studies books for IAS preparation.
UPSC Mains Syllabus for General Studies
Syllabus for UPSC CSE Mains General Studies I
- Indian Heritage
- Indian Culture
- History of the world and society
- Geography of the world and society
Syllabus for UPSC CSE Mains General Studies II
- Social justice
- Interpersonal relations
Syllabus for UPSC CSE Mains General Studies III
- Security and disaster management
- Economic development
Syllabus for UPSC CSE Mains General Studies IV
Kindly contact us for more details and guidance on UPSC general studies paper!