The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) said in its official statement that two Indian officials were interrogated and tortured by Pakistan.
What MEA says?
- The MEA says that Pakistan has violated the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations of 1961.
- Pakistan has also not applied proper “Code of conduct for treatment of Diplomatic/Consular personnel in India and Pakistan” which was signd in 1992.
- The MEA summoned Pakistan’s High Commissioner Syed Haider Shah and issued a demarche on Monday.
- On Tuesday govt lodged ‘a strong protest’ on abduction and torture of two Indian officials by Pakistan’s security agencies for 19 hours.
Pakistan wants to escalate tensions:
- MEA believes that Pakistan is taking such unilateral actions to escalate tensions across borders.
- It is aimed at diverting attention from the core issue of Pakistan’s cross border terrorism in India.
- Pakistan’s foreign ministry rejected the statements of the MEA saying then as baseless.
- What Pakistan says is that both officials crashed their over speeding car into a pedestrian who got seriously injured and was admitted to the hospital for treatment.
- Pakistan claims to the officials attempted to flee the scene. They also claim that they had fake currency.
India and Pakistan had downgraded their diplomatic relations last year after revocation of the special status to Jammu and Kashmir under article 370.
Now both the countries have recalled their High Commissioners for the matter.
Telangana brings ordinance on deferment of salaries and pensions
“The state of Telangana has been paying 50% to the employees and 75% to the pensioners after Pandemic financial crunch.”
The Ordinance says:
- The ordinance was issued on Tuesday and will remain in effect for six months.
- The ordinance said, “Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law, rule or order or code or judgment or order of any court or tribunal, the government is competent to defer any payment due and payable to any person or institution in part, to the extent not exceeding half of the amount due or payable for such period for the management of the situation arising out of such disaster or public health emergency or otherwise”.
Employee or Pensioner both at 50%:
- Now lawfully state will provide not exceeding half of the salary or the pension to the beneficiaries.
- The law will apply to all government institutions and institutions aided by the government.
- This deferment of payments has come in force due to cash crunch out of such disaster and health emergency.
The move came after petitions:
- Some petitioners filed their petitions in High Court against the earlier deferment of the state government in which it had cut 50% salaries and 25% pensions.
- The High Court had seeked an affidavit from the government on the same.
- Now stating the health emergency state government has brought this ordinance on the name of governor.
Teachers call it Deplorable act:
- Telangana State United Federation said when govt could not reply to the court, it chose to mis-use its powers.
- The Federation said, “ We condemn the deplorable act by the government.”
- The federations has demanded the withdrawal of the ordinance.