Skip to content
Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries
Call Now Button
- It has been launched by the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises.
- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is implementing this scheme.
The main objective of the SFURTI scheme is to organize the traditional industries and artisans into clusters:
- To make them competitive, and provide support for their long-term sustainability,
- To provide sustained employment for traditional industry artisans & rural entrepreneurs,
- To enhance marketability of products etc.
- The scheme provides support in the form of two interventions viz. Hard Interventions and Soft Interventions.
- Hard Interventions include creation of Common Facility Centres (CFCs), Raw material banks (RMBs), Up-gradation of production infrastructure, etc.
- Soft Interventions include counselling, trust building, skill development and capacity building etc.
- The scheme was revised in 2017-18. Under the revised scheme, two types of clusters are set up.
- The maximum financial assistance provided is Rs. 2.50 crore for a Regular Cluster (upto 500 artisans) and Rs. 5.00 crore for a Major Cluster (more than 500 artisans).